Road Race Stats - Marathons & Other Running Races

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

LA Marathon Stats Update

There have been minor changes in race stats from Sunday's LA Marathon. I first downloaded the race stats from doitsports.com early Monday morning. My original postings yesterday were based on this data. I downloaded the data again late Monday and noticed some additional runners. Thus, I've revised yesterday's posts with new stats based on this new data.

The changes are minor but I want to make sure my stats are as accurate as possible. So if I find corrections in the data or if I fix problems in my stats programs, I'll redo the stats and add revision notices in the posts. Also, feel free to leave a comment if you see anything odd in the stats. Sometimes unexpected oddities in the stats are due to mistakes in the data or in the statistics tools.

As I mentioned, the changes are minor. For example, the original total of runners with valid entries originally totaled 19985 based on my early Monday morning data download. The new total based on yesterday evening download was 20379.

1 Comments:

  • Good luck on your future marathons.

    I had been looking to see what the blogosphere had been saying about the LA marathon on Google when I found your blog.

    By Blogger Ken, at 5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home