Road Race Stats - Marathons & Other Running Races

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Introduction - Running

I've always been interested in running, statistics, and digital art. So I decided to create this site to share these.

After every running race, I'm always researching the stats. What's the average age of the runners? How many runners finished a marathon in under 3 hours? Under 4 hours? How many hit the wall in the last legs of the race?

I'll be using the race statistics that are publicly available for races and try to answer these questions and many more interesting ones. I'll put the race data through my custom made programs and generate these stats.

I'm starting with the Austin Marathon. Later I'll try to gather info from other races in Austin and around the world.

People are not just numbers. In addition to stats, I'm also interested in digital art. The digital art that I'll display here will relate to the races and will be available for sale at cafepress.

Finally, if there are any stats that you are interested in that I don't have, please drop a comment here. I'll do by best to crunch the data and post the stats.

2 Comments:

  • I won't be running, but I will be helping a friend who'll be running. Good luck on the race!

    By Blogger Ken, at 3:30 PM  

  • Hi Ken

    A beautiful young lady I'm dating will be running her first Marathon at age 57 would be intrested in the % of runners that run their first Marathon at age 57. I think she is pretty impressive

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home